Liebster Award Love Overflow
|March 14, 2014||Posted by Mommyhooddom under Blogging|
Holy cow! Three fellow bloggers have given me the Liebster Award!! I’m blown away by this outpouring of Liebster love. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Iva from Yes I’m Crazy, That’s Why I’m Awesome, Julie from Don’t Lick Your Sister and Shannon from Shannon Day’s Martinis & Motherhood! You girls rock!!!
I wasn’t nearly this popular in high school. My Mom thought I was cool, but she was first and last on a list with two names on it.
I love blogging. I love my blogging friends. You guys are so sweet and you don’t have any idea how uncool I really am. But you’re getting ready to find out once I answer all 7,987,938 of these Liebster Award questions!
Oh yeah, get ready. The uncoolness is about to begin. I’m going to cut and paste this next part, then I’ll head to the back of the bus bound for band camp and share my deepest, darkest secrets with you lovelies. Oh yes, I will because I’m so thrilled you picked me, you picked me, You! Picked! Me! for the Liebster Award.
In order to accept a Liebster Award, here’s how it works:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented. Check.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you. Check.
3. Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog. Check.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3,000 followers. Create a new list of questions for them. Check.
5. Inform them of their nomination. Check.
First up, here are my questions from Iva from Yes I’m Crazy, That’s Why I’m Awesome.
1. How would your friends describe you? Ugh, I don’t know, Iva. I guess they would say I’m nice and funny.
2. If you could go back in time, what year would you go back to? The year the Mega Millions was like $600 million. I know the winning numbers… now.
3. What do you miss most about being a kid? My mom, my mom and my mom.
4. What does your perfect day look like? Well let’s see, it’s warm and sunny and I’m on a boat somewhere with the Eagles playing on the radio. That would be a good start.
5. What was the weirdest advice/story you’ve received (whether from parents or a friend, anyone)? My mom told me that if a boy wants to have you know what, he’s going to have you know what. That was pretty much our entire birds & bees discussion. She pegged the cool meter OUT on that one. Not! LOL
6. What song is on repeat? I have had the same Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga CD’s in my car CD player for the past three years.
7. Were you named after anyone? Yes, one of my mom’s best friends, Jennifer Scott.
8. What is the first thing you notice about people? I notice their confidence or lack thereof.
9. How do you accept defeat or wrong doing? It REALLY hurts my feelings when somebody does me wrong.
10. Where would you take me on a blate (a girl can dream right? :P)? We would go to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. I know a cool place there where you can dance on tables, Iva, and nobody will remember the next day.
11. Smile! What prompts you to smile (because I’m sure it wasn’t me)? Friends who are funny and smart… kind of like you.
And now, my questions from Julie from Don’t Lick Your Sister .
1. What is your favorite dessert? I’m rather fond of cheesecake.
2. How old were you when you had your (first) child? I was 40 years and 29 days old.
3. Do you prefer winter or summer more? Summer without a doubt.
4. Would you rather play with fingerpaint or Play-Doh with your child? I don’t know! We haven’t played with either, yet. I will probably lean toward finger paint since I like to paint.
5. If you were given 4 guilt-free hours to do whatever you wanted to do, what would you choose? (and, yes, I know it’s never really guilt-free) I would take a long nap, blog, go shopping, organize my closet, go to a movie, take a drive in the country, have a meal at a restaurant, take a shower, fix my hair really well, put on makeup, shave both of my legs all the way up and clean out my car. You said 4 days, right?
6.What is your favorite holiday? Labor Day. I know, that’s kind of weird. But my birthday always falls right around that time and it usually means a 3-day weekend.
7. Coffee or tea? Oooo, I’m not really into either. I’m a Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi person. Thrilling, I know.
8. Are you a night owl or a morning person? Night owl all the way, baby.
9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a television news anchor when I was little because I thought they knew EVERYTHING! They just sat there and told you so much stuff every day. I had no idea they were reading off a teleprompter.
10. Do you prefer to read electronic books and magazines or do you want to hold the “real thing” in your hands? Hmm, I like both. I like paper magazines, but I like to read books and news on an electronic device.
11. What is one place you would really love to visit but are doubtful you will ever have the opportunity to do so? I’d like to go to Ireland and Scotland.
And finally, my questions from Shannon from Shannon Day’s Martinis & Motherhood.
- What is the strangest food you’ve eaten? I went to a Greek food party one time. I have no idea what I ate, but most if it was pretty good. Except for the Greek food.
- What do you cook that your kids love? My toddler likes macaroni & cheese… from a box. I throw in some real cheese and some wheat germ to relieve my conscience.
- What’s your exercise of choice? The treadmill. I’m a rebel.
- Where is your ideal vacation spot? This one’s not fair. I have friends who work in tourism.
- How long have you been blogging? I first hit publish on my blog on October 24th, 2013.
- What is your favourite post that you’ve written thus far? They are my other children, Shannon. How could I possibly choose just one;) LOL
- What are your guilty pleasures? Reality television and dance music.
- What gets you down? Missing my mom.
- What makes you happy? Having time to myself.
- What’s your beverage of choice? Diet caffeine free Pepsi although I must say, I just tried caffeine free Coke Zero and it’s very good! If you want to know what my adult beverage of choice is, I’ll say the basic margarita… on the rocks, with salt. Patron of course.
- What’s the best thing about being you? I’m not afraid of dying. I wasn’t afraid of childbirth either. I had my wisdom teeth pulled while I was awake. I’m kind of a tough cookie… with a soft heart.
Enough about me, already!! Without further adieu, here are MY 5 Liebster Award nominees because THEY ROCK!!
Jessica Azar from Herd Management
Jill Firns from Stilettos on Sunday Morning
Angela Ferullo from Mama’s Don’t Whine
Sadie McCurry from When Mom Grows Up
Eli Pacheco at Coach Daddy
Ok, y’all. Here are your questions. Ready. Set. Go!
1. What’s your favorite animal and why?
2. Do you cry when a sad song comes on the radio? Which song(s)?
3. What do you want people to say about you at your funeral?
4. What has been your top professional or personal accomplishment to date?
5. How much money could you spend at the mall in one day? What would you buy?
6. Do you floss every day?
7. Describe your ideal mate.
8. Have you ever had a speeding ticket? When, where?
9. What is your favorite condiment? What food(s) do you put it on?
10. How did you REALLY feel when you found out you WON the LIEBSTER AWARD!
11. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?